I’m very excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Mandy of mandymunroe. A very big thank you to Mandy. My day, week, month: made.
I published my very first post nearly six months ago. It wasn’t exactly great (cringe), but I’m so glad I did. This blogging thing has turned out to be really good fun, and I’ve come across other blogs and loads of inspiring posts that I would never have come across otherwise. The bloggers behind these lovely blogs are a really friendly and encouraging bunch as well.
So, these are the rules for accepting a Liebster Award:
- The award is given by bloggers to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should answer the questions the tagger has set you.
- Choose eleven new bloggers to pass the award to, and link them in your post.
- Create eleven new questions for the chosen bloggers.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- Each blogger should post eleven random facts about themselves.
- No tag backs (i.e. you can’t nominate your tagger).
Phew. First things first, my answers to Mandy’s questions.
Favourite city? I’m not amazingly well travelled in terms of cities, so I’m going to stick close to home, and cheat by picking two. London, just because it’s a train ride away, is huge, interesting, higgledy-piggledy, and there are lots of museums. And York, because of all the second hand bookshops.
Blue or green? Blue.
A quilt or knitted/crocheted blanket? I have a quilt made by my mum, and a blanket which my sister finger/arm knitted (I have no idea how!!) me for Christmas. I love them both. So, a quilt over my knees and a blanket over my shoulders!
Favourite flower? Iris.
Saturday night or Sunday morning? I’m twenty, so I should probably say Saturday night, but I’m not going to. Sunday mornings are just too good. Lie-ins, cups of tea, sitcom repeats, and the prospect of roast lunch or dinner…
Chocolate – milk or dark? I want to be sophisticated and say dark, but really it’s milk.
Left or right handed? Right.
Countryside or beach? Countryside by the beach. If I really had to choose, it would be the beach – ideally with lots of rock pools and caves.
Rain or sunshine? Sunshine. But I do like blundering around in my wellies and multi-coloured raincoat.
Best holiday? I’ll have to cheat again. Firstly, the Region of Murcia, Spain. For all the sunshine and blue skies, being away from the main tourist bit, Sierra Espuna, finally mastering the art of not getting even a little bit sunburnt (and actually getting a light tan), snorkelling, and Frank, the awesome owner of El Jardin. And both my trips to America: Oklahoma and Nevada. For visiting family, the adventure, the indulgent food, the vastness, the scenery, the Wild West, the different meanings of the same words, pounds and ounces, Pioneer Pies, and the friendliness of everybody. I’m looking forward to all the adventures yet to come!
Favourite singer/band? This is hard. But Bon Iver – you’ll know why if you’ve heard any of their songs. I can’t answer this one without also mentioning my brother’s amazing music. If you like film soundtracks, you have to have a listen.
Now, eleven (eleven!) random facts:
- I have a twin brother, but we have separate birthdays (I was born before midnight, he was born after). He calls me the evil twin, I call him the evil twin.
- I have a ginger cat called Cinnamon. She’s a little crazy.
- I like to draw glasses (and moustaches) on pictures of her. I might also be a little crazy.
- When walking through a puddle, I always keep in mind the possibility that it might be a little deeper than I thought, and I could end up on the other side of the earth.
- A friend and I bake pies on Thursday, a.k.a. Pie Thursday. We actually mainly make tarts, but we thought Tart Thursday could be misinterpreted.
- I can play the accordion. Not well, but I can play the thing.
- I have freckles, and I love seeing people in films and on TV who also have freckles. Go my freckled friends!
- I’ve never moved house.
- I like geography, and can’t understand why it has such a bad reputation.
- I prefer Jane Eyre to Pride and Prejudice.
- I love myths and legends.
And, on to the next step. These are the eleven lovely blogs I’ve nominated:
I love reading their posts, and I hope you do too!
And last but not least, my eleven questions:
If you could pick an animal totem, what would it be?
What’s your favourite book?
Do you prefer coffee or tea?
What’s your favourite quote or saying?
If you could go back in time, when and where would you go?
What new skill do you most want to learn?
Who’s your favourite fictional character?
Favourite family meal/recipe?
What country would you most like to travel to?
What type of scenery/landscape (i.e. mountains, coastal, cities, etc.) do you feel most at home in?
Who or what inspires you most often?